Warrior, I see you. You fought the good fight, and now it's time to go home.

Reader. Thank you for stopping by. Your time is valuable, and I promise to do my best to leave you uplifted.

So who is the warrior? He's probably younger, a family man, a businessman, he knows and loves Jesus, he's trying to figure it all out.

Id call myself a warrior. My name is Dennis, I'm 27. I'm married (5 years) to Loren, she's a dream come true, and I am Navy's dad. She's 2 and she is to die for.

I studied finance and played football at Pitt, then worked in investment banking for a couple of years.

Now, I head up operation of our families transportation business and its a daily grind.

This blog is dedicated to encouraging and acknowledging warriors, lovers, and those caught in between.

Isaiah 42:13 says, "The LORD will go forth like a warrior, He will stir up His zeal like a man of war; He will shout out, yes, He will raise a war cry. He will prevail [mightily] against His enemies."

At a certain point in a man's life, he begins to push against the grain and fight. 

For his marriage, for his family, for his friends, for what he believes. 

That's when he becomes a warrior. God is a warrior.

And the Bible says we are made in His image ....

The lover, on the other hand, is awakened when a man realizes that the poetic is far truer than the practical. 

That Jesus is not just real, he is wonderful. 

That "she" is not made for him, but he is made for her. 

A lover loves going home to his wife and kids, it is where he desires to be most.

God is the definition of love, and He loves us so much that He gave His only son as the ultimate sacrifice.

And the Bible says we are made in His image ....

I'm writing to warriors and lovers, and those in between. We'll talk Bible, business, love, fatherhood, pain, and triumph from a day-to-day perspective. 

We'll also dance, like real lovers do, sharing our experiences and perspectives with one another as we feel led. 

You can find the content of Warrior's Journey Home on my social media platforms and my blog page. If I say anything that you think can help someone, I would be honored if you shared it. 

The idea for this blog was inspired by my reading of "Fathered by God" by John Eldridge. I love that book and highly recommend. The concept of the warrior and lover belong to John, I just resonate and want to build on it. 

I would love for you to keep up with us. Know that anything we put out will be from the heart.

Until next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick to Speak - Slow to Listen?

Warrior Profiles: Abraham

Trusting God for Our Daily Bread: A Simple but Profound Prayer