Embracing Joy Amidst Life's Trials

Dear Warriors,

How have you been? I'll be honest, I had a tough weekend, going through some things, as I'm sure many of you are as well.

These challenges made me think about the dichotomy of joy and sorrow.

Life can be tough, and we all experience moments of pain, loss, and disappointment. But even in the darkest of times, there is still room for joy.

I think back to when my daughter was born. It was a time of major pain for my wife, but it led to one of the greatest moments of my life - holding Navy in my arms for the first time.

I also recall when I played college ball and had the worst game of my life in week 4 against a power 5 team. I lost my starting position and my confidence.

I didn't see the light at the end of the tunnel until later that year when my focus began to shift from what I could get out of college ball to what I could give to my teammates.

Quite honestly, I can think of some things in my life right now that I don't understand at all, and I don't see the lesson in them. It just feels like a spiritual attack that I don't "deserve."

What's interesting about those "things" is that when I think of them, I immediately think - life has to be better than this. There has to be something better out there than what I am experiencing.

Over time, I have come to believe that "thing" to be the Lord God, otherwise known as Yahweh.

Take a look at what Revelation 21:4-8 says about our future:

4 'He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." 5 He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." 6 He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

Warriors, there are many trials in the maturation of a man. But remember, the deeper the roots, the stronger the tree.

Likewise, the harder the trial, the more joy there is to look forward to if you withstand.

Be encouraged and keep marching forward.

With love, Until next time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warrior Profiles: Abraham

Quick to Speak - Slow to Listen?

Trusting God for Our Daily Bread: A Simple but Profound Prayer